Director of Customer Engagement
We are looking for an experienced and strategic-minded Director of Customer Engagement to drive our customer engagement strategy. This role is primarily responsible for owning retention and expansion of the existing customer base through leadership of support and through coordination with sales accounts managers to enhance and optimize customer systems. This role will drive double digit growth.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive customer engagement strategy to ensure customer satisfaction, drive growth, and strengthen long-term relationships. This role requires a blend of leadership, communication skills, and a deep understanding of our customers’ needs to enhance their overall experience with our company.
Drive Customer Engagement in Partnership with Sales:
- Pair a deep understanding of system capabilities with an understanding of customer operations to assist customers in developing a technology roadmap that matches their organizational goals.
- Create a sustainable process to monitor and proactively react to customer’s needs.
- Maintain customer revenue retention beyond 98%.
- Ensure sales and support partner on customer communication at a consistent cadence, including subscription renewal, and annual technology roadmap discussions.
- Host quarterly reviews of top customers with executive leadership including a review of opportunities and risks.
- Monitor customer support tickets to identify opportunities to enhance the customer’s system rather than just fix it. Share opportunities with sales account managers.
- Transition customers to Managed Services to further Western’s role as their technology partner. Ensure Western meets their obligations for the Managed Service offerings.
- Partner with VP of Sales to review account performance and design account coverage. Participant in review of sales account manager performance.
- Ensure each key customer has a defined executive partner.
Support Team Management:
- Partner with delivery operations to ensure a seamless transition from project implementation to support.
- Identify opportunities to expand and optimize the support team and the support offerings, both time and material, and managed services. Align opportunities to organization goals.
- Monitor and react to key metrics for practice health including utilization, service level times, and customer communication.
- Lead cross-functional teams and foster collaboration across departments to ensure customer issues are resolved efficiently and to the highest level of service.
- Report to the executive team/sponsor/steering committee on the progress, business impacts and strategies. Partner with the executive team as a member of the leadership team to drive organization growth.
- Define team needs and assist with recruiting to maintain the highest level of talent.
- Coach support teams to uphold the highest level of customer satisfaction by managing scope, time and cost of tickets. Ensure all customer-facing activities are billed appropriately. Identify opportunities to expand team skillsets and implement them through external and internal training.
- Enhance team performance by hosting consistent development discussions and conducting annual performance reviews.
Who you are:
An experienced people manager with experience managing a support organization, creating customer engagement processes, and a passion for building relationships:
- 7+ years of experience in the Microsoft Dynamics space and in customer engagement roles
- Experience leading teams with an understanding of operations metrics such as utilization and service levels
- A passion for identifying customer enhancement opportunities and having roadmap discussions with customers.
- Ability to resolve customer escalations quickly and design processes to avoid similar situations in the future
- A passion for technology. You monitor new product features and actively identify how those may help customers.
- High level of organization with a strong attention to detail
- Interest in building a world class organization with a high level of accountability.
- Data driven mindset – thinks, communicates, and acts with data and KPIs as the basis of reasoning and decision making.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume directly to: Wendy.Pegler@westerncomputer.com (Western’s People Manager).
We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above qualifications. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are more likely to only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the listed qualifications. Western Computer encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the requirements. We look forward to your application!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers