Distribution - CPG
One Modern Microsoft Cloud Solution To Manage CPG Trade Complexities
One Microsoft Partner With The Know-how To Simplify It All
For CPG Distributors specializing in delivering hard goods to B2B and B2C consumers, the uncertainties of recent years have forced you to grapple with:
- Declining margins
- Intense competition
- Reimagining new remote working environments
- Developing new sales channels
- And more
You’ve got your hands full managing complexities such as product development, procurement, sales, and warehouse management while continuing to offer your customers the service and experience they expect.Contact Us Today
The CPG Distribution industry challenges are formidable:
Trade tariffs, currency fluctuations, high inflation, higher interest rates, declining consumer confidence, increasing fuel costs
Occupational health and safety, traceability
Constraints - short shipments, prioritizing its largest customers, unpredictable supply (quantity), erratic OTD (On time delivery) (34% on-time-performance of global shipping containers).
Discounting, aggressive promotions, new entrants (niche), selling direct to customers, developing online capabilities (marketing, omnichannel), launching new products (innovation).
Increasing order volumes, increasing penalties for missing OTD commitments, customer demand for frictionless RMAs, mandatory EDI/portals
End CustomersIncreasing price sensitivity. Accelerating online (and comparison) shopping (direct-to-consumer). Sustainability focus. Growing service expectations (order fulfillment, self-serve or proactive order tracking/status). Showrooming.
Western Computer, a Microsoft Gold Cloud Partner, Partner of the Year Finalist, and Inner Circle Member, architects modern Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions to prepare your CPG Distribution business to meet these challenges and more.
We run side-by-side with you to solve the complexities you face, using intelligent technology that simplifies your work so you can:
- Gain the agility to meet frequently changing customer demands
- Develop new product innovations without severe economic impact
- View a crystal-clear picture of what to do next with improved analytics and insights
Indications it’s time for a change
CPG INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
Your inventory turns are high – that’s good.
High inventory turns indicate that you are quickly selling goods and the customer demand is high. The next step is to expand into additional distribution centers to manage demand.
- Still doing manual data entry
- Performing manual inventory counts without the benefit of scanners
- Suffering from a limited ability to rebalance inventory across the network
- Running out of warehouse space
How to win at Inventory Management:
Western Computer sells and supports the most advanced Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP solutions to provide:
- Real-time visibility into all available and committed inventory
- Predictive re-ordering
- Barcode integration
- Demand planning/forecasting
- Container tracking
- RMA management
Are You Able to Respond Quickly And See What’s Coming?
To break through the ceiling and forecast more accurately, CPG companies need to go beyond traditional processes. Whether your organization needs to streamline, relocate resources, or find alternative sources and products to pivot around disruptions, reliable forecasting can provide the insights required to take the right actions.
- Experiencing consistent stockouts and still using an Excel spreadsheet or manipulating data offline to predict inventory levels?
- Periodically writing down or writing off the value of goods in inventory for a significant amount due to damage, deterioration, loss from theft, damage in transit, changes in market demands, misplacement, etc.?
- Disappointing customers when you don’t meet your on-time delivery promises?
How to win at Forecasting
Western Computer offers the most advanced Microsoft Dynamics tools to ensure your CPG Distribution business can accurately predict what is needed and deliver it on time where needed.
We offer tools to predict the results of different strategies or understand the impact of current events on the future of your supply chain. Instead of reacting to events as they occur, you can predict events and be prepared before they happen.
- Intelligent forecasting
- Advanced warehouse capabilities (RFID scanners at DC and branches)
- Proactive stock transfer planning
- Prioritized inventory allocation
Are you breaking delivery promises and hurting your reputation?
Customers lose patience when suppliers miss on-time deliveries. As a result, you risk paying significant customer penalties and fines for not performing as promised. You may even lose your customer altogether.
Experiencing increasing stockouts?
Noticing that unreliable supply (short shipments) is increasing?
Still manually picking orders?
How to win at Order Fulfillment
Western Computer’s skilled professionals understand CPG distribution challenges. We deploy and support state-of-the-art Microsoft Dynamics solutions to provide:
- Advanced order management
- Availability to promise
- Pick, pack ship (within ERP)
- Container tracking
- 3PL integration
- Vendor Portal
CPG REPORTING & ANALYTICS
Are you able to make sense of your data?
One of the advantages of the trend for consumers to shop online is that it generates more data that can be analyzed. More CPG data enables your distribution business to spot patterns, identify issues and respond quickly.
- Grappling with low profitability – Is it difficult to make intelligent decisions without adequate intel?
- Declining YoY sales – Are you looking for ways to disrupt the trend?
- High accounts receivables – Do you have the reports to keep on top of cash flow?
- Are you struggling with:
- Data silos
- No visibility into critical KPIs to track
- Manual data entry
- Manual (paper-based) pricing
- No customer/product profitability reporting
How to win at CPG Reporting & Analytics
Real-time reporting helps you identify which goods are causing your margins to shift.
Spot downward trends quickly and take corrective action with insightful data to boost sales.
Leverage real-time dashboards to view:
- Weeks of inventory on hand
- Product returns
- PO delivery on-time rate
- Out-of-stock percentage
- Margin by product
- Trade promotion effectiveness
- Data Management
- Track accurate shipping/logistics costs
What you can count on from Western Computer
Solutioning a Microsoft Dynamics ERP that provides:
- End-to-end supply chain visibility that resolves supply/demand imbalances and informs production and distribution optimization
- Reliable customer payment predictions, effective cash flow management, and accurate forecasting
- Lower financial fraud by reducing transaction and account fraud, associated operations costs, and wrongful rejections
- Streamline processes and minimize administrative costs
- Optimize equipment, inventory, demand fulfillment, and workplace costs
Distribution Apps Exclusively Available from Western Computer
We have helped hundreds of distributors simplify the most complex processes they face with IP developed by our knowledgeable team.
Know Your Margins
Container -Landed Cost
- Capture landed costs of your goods in real-time, including associated transport costs, and avoid unwelcome surprises in financial reporting later
- Track container transports to know the status of in-transit goods
- Unique App for Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Purpose-built Power Platform solutions for Dynamics 365
Solve Complex Calculations
Trade & Promotion Management
- Track royalties, rebates, co-ops, and commissions
- Offer flexible promotions and pricing to your customers
- Arm your sales team to win more opportunities with promotions
- Meet compliance with big box retailers
- Efficiently automate your back office processes
- Purpose-Built solutions for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Omni-Channel Sales & Delivery
Advanced Order Management
- Sell more - list your products on multiple sales channels like Amazon, Walmart, etc.
- Expand more - integrate with your direct-to-consumer sales platforms such as Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce
- Deliver more - offer B2B portals to your customers and vendors for immersive experiences
- Manage all your orders from multiple channels within Dynamics 365
- Monitor order fulfillment proactively and manage by exception for efficiency
- Extend communications with your trading partners using a low-code, no-code Power Apps portal.
- Omni channel solutions for Dynamics Business Central, Power App Portals, and Power BI
Accurate Shipping Costs
Warehouse Management & Shipping
- Offer rate shopping and shipping quotes for sales enablement
- Automate with handheld scanners in the warehouse
- Leverage low-cost shipping options for your customers
- Proactively monitor order fulfillment
- Hundreds of satisfied customers using Dynamics 365 Business Central